Permian Basin Truck Accident Attorneys
Injured in a Truck Accident in the Permian Basin?
The oil boom in the Permian Basin has brought prosperity to both Texas and New Mexico – but it comes at a terrible price. The constant flow of sand, oil, and gas trucks streaming down US Rt 285 between Pecos, Texas, and Carlsbad, New Mexico, is now commonly referred to as “Death Highway,” due to the staggering numbers of truck accidents involving vehicles serving the oil and gas industry.
If you or a family member was injured or killed in a collision in the Permian Basin, you are living through a terrible, stressful time. The loss of a loved one is a tragedy that has a lifetime of consequences. Whether you were severely injured or a loved one died, the family suffers grief, loss, and emotional turmoil.
In such a case, you need legal counsel from an experienced personal injury attorney to assist you in seeking justice and full compensation. Without legal representation, you will be dealing with a complicated legal situation, at risk of accepting an offer of settlement far below what you deserve. Our legal team has the knowledge and experience to value a case accurately and pursue maximum compensation.
Permian Basin Truck Accident Statistics
- As reported by MRT, 11 percent of the state’s road fatalities occur in the Permian Basin – where only 2 percent of the population lives.
- In a recent year, TxDOT reported 1,457 severe injuries on roads serving the Permian Basin.
- The same year, TxDOT reported 43,661 vehicle crashes in the region.
- Ninety-three people lost their lives just on the Texas side of US Rt 285 in a recent year, a 12 percent increase since 2012.
- Roadways that once served quiet farming communities are now heavily traveled by oil and gas industry trucks that damage the roads, increasing risk.
Permian Basin: Dangerous Roadways
The booming oil production in the Permian Basin has a deadly side effect – it has brought pain and suffering to innocent people. TxDOT officials report that speeding, driver inattention, and alcohol are the leading causes of many deadly accidents. Heavily loaded sand, oil, gas, and other massive work vehicles are now sharing roads built for farm vehicles. The increase in the workforce in the region means the roads are busy at all hours, increasing risk. The location of many devasting injury accidents include:
- US Route 285
- State Highway 302
- State Route 31
- State Route 128
What Causes Permian Basin Truck Accidents?
As the oil and gas industry continues to expand, with a constant need to increase the number of drivers to transport the sand used in hydraulic fracturing and other services and equipment. As the numbers of experienced drivers dwindle, inexperienced drivers are hired to meet the demand, with limited training or experience in how to safely operate a massive 18-wheeler or another oil industry vehicle.
The causes behind many of the deadly accidents in the region include:
- Distracted truck driver
- Alcohol use
- Overloaded vehicle
- Vehicle improperly maintained
- Tired truck driver
- Faulty truck parts or systems
How to Seek Justice After a Truck Accident in the Permian Basin
It is natural to assume you would be treated fairly after being injured by a negligent truck driver. Unfortunately, an injured victim or family who has lost a loved one is often shocked at the response from the liable party(ies). Oil and gas companies rely upon teams of corporate defense lawyers to try to reduce the amount of compensation paid in a settlement or lawsuit.
For truck accident cases in the Permian Basin, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer. At Sorey, Gilliland & Hull, LLP, our legal team is committed to protecting the rights of people injured in accidents in the Permian Basin region. When we take on a case, our goal is to recover the maximum compensation.
What Types of Damages May Be Pursued?
In cases of severe injury or death, your attorney will pursue various kinds of damages. The value of a lawsuit reflects the extent of your injuries, the expected time to recover and whether the injuries have left you permanently impaired. Damages are paid for the pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and other personal and emotional losses. Personal injury damages are broken down into three categories:
- Economic Damages: These are the financial losses you suffered due to being unable to work, along with the costs of all medical care and treatment, lost earning capacity, transportation, medication, nursing, and other expenses.
- Non-economic Damages: The personal and emotional consequences of a truck accident are extensive. Emotional anguish and pain and suffering are non-economic damages to be pursued in a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- Punitive Damages: When a truck accident occurred due to an act of gross negligence or wanton recklessness, punitive damages, intended to punish or deter, may be awarded.
Why Choose Sorey, Gilliland & Hull, LLP?
Not all law firms are equal in experience in court, in negotiating settlements, or in crafting a fully-documented personal injury claim or lawsuit. At Sorey, Gilliland & Hull, LLP, we take our responsibility to our clients extremely seriously. We go the distance in case preparation and presentation, with assistance from resources such as medical experts, financial experts, and accident investigators to support the claim. While some personal injury lawyers avoid the courtroom, at Sorey, Gilliland & Hull, LLP, we are confident, persuasive, and well-prepared at trial.
- Sorey, Gilliland & Hull, LLP focuses strictly upon personal injury law.
- We are committed to providing personal, client-centered legal services, and are available to travel to meet you if you are unable to meet us at the office.
- We offer a free case consultation in Permian Basin truck accident cases, and are available to answer your questions, even if we do not take on your case.
- We offer legal counsel on a contingency fee basis – no legal fees unless we are successful for you. You have no risk or obligation in reaching out to us.
Contact Sorey, Gilliland & Hull, LLP Today.
Our legal team stands ready to pursue the maximum damages in the cases we take on. We are dedicated, experienced, and work hard to fight for justice for the people we serve. Call (800) 750-5075 now for a free case consultation.